Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 1: World Changer

     I am your every day girl. I go to school, I play sports, I have sleepovers, and I'm just a little bit crazy. But, there is something different about me that sets me apart from your usual girl: I want to change the world. It's an insane thought, and I've earned countless blank stares and snickers when I shared this with my friends. I don't care. I refuse to accept that every three seconds, a child dies simply because of the fact that they don't have to medicines I do (quoted from Brad Pitt). I will not accept that every day 24,000 children die. I will not accept that where you are born has the power to decide how long you live. I know the journey ahead of me is a long, windy, and somewhat painful trail, but I am prepared to make it to the end of that road, even if that means taking baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment