Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 8

This post is going to be about a tough subject that most people don't like to think about: Death. A friend of mine recently lost her mother to death, from the incurable disease of cancer. She hasn't been to school for the past week and she doesn't know what to do. She has to be strong for her little sister, but she needs someone to be strong for her, too. She needs "a shoulder to cry on."
     Most people fear death because they fear the unknown. Others don't fear death, they fear how death takes them. So what do you do when death takes a loved one? You mourn, and you cry until there are no more tears left inside of you. You get angy, go into depression, go through a phase of denial or shock, wonder why death couldn't have taken you instead, there are hundreds of different ways to handle a loss.But, eventually, you have to move on. Wasting your life because someone else lost theirs is not going to help you, the person who passed away, or anyone around you.
     Though it is difficult to understand, I believe that without struggles, the good times wouldn't be as good. I believe that every tragedy can be used for good. In the case of death, you can sympathize with someone who is facing the same situation you are. You can understand what they're going through, and you know how to handle it. I'm not saying that bad things are good. I'm saying that bad things can be used for good.


This blog has recieved 200+ views!
     I would just like to take a moment to share my amazement of how this blog has grown. I get excited just to see that one person has viewed the blog, let alone 200 people! I am excited to see how this blog will impact people, and if it has already impacted you, I would love to hear how. You can post it in comments. I really don't know how I have gotten this many views, because I have only told a few friends about this blog, yet somehow, word has spread all over the place. I have recieved, at this time, 205 views. 174 of those views are from the USA, 14 from Canada, 12 from Russia, 3 from the Ukraine, and 2 from Germany. This blog is read internatinally! It just blows my mind that my humble little blog in the USA could impact someone in Germany or the Ukraine! Thank you to everyone who reads this blog, it means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment