Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 7

     Today, I went running with my brother. While we were running, I had a lot of time to think, and I came to the conclusion that running tested you physically,(of course) but it mostly tested your will power. Many times during our run, I wanted to stop and just take a break, but because I'm stubborn (a blessing and a curse) I kept running through the pain, because I believed that I could make it all the way to my goal, and I did. Sometimes we all go through those dark, painful parts of life, but if we keep running through the pain, we will make it to our goal. If you really believe that you can do something, you can. Henry Ford said it like this:

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

I love this quote because it really motivates you to believe in yourself, which sounds cheesy, but it's true. If you believe you can change the world, and you work hard for it, you can. If you believe that you can run and win a marathon, you can. If you don't believe you can change the world, you won't. It's the sad truth that most people just give up when it's "too hard". Where as, if they kept going, they could have done something important with their life that might go down in history. Have you been doubting yourself about anything? Doubting yourself doesn't help you gain anything what-so-ever, but believing in yourself does help you gain something, even if it's only a little confidence. And a little confidence can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment