Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 2

     Yesterday, I went to the mall with my mom to shop for some clothes. Everything was going fine until I was hit by a wave of guilt. There I was, spending $100+ on clothes and shoes, while somewhere in the world, a child is on the streets begging for money, so that he or she can afford their next meal. I want to do something to help. I will do something to help. I have been thinking about starting a charity for children in Africa. Why Africa? Well, God has been pressing my mind and my heart about Africa, and I am planning to follow his word.

     Yesterday, I also learned about a horrible situation a girl I know from school is in. Her mother has colon cancer and the ambulance came to get her yesterday. Her father told her that he didn't think Mommy was coming home. To make matters worse, this girl's sister is only eight years old. Her world is going to be shattered. This family does not know God.
     As I was thinking about this situation yesterday, it broke my heart. With tears running down my face, I thought about my life without my mom. My mom is my guidance, my mentor, my hope, my encouragement. I could go on and on forever. I can't imagine not recieving her hugs, her giggles, and that mischeivious sparkle in her eyes. Please pray for this family. Every prayer counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment