Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 34

Today I stumbled across this poem about abortion by Sarah Ann:

Wait and please just think about this
You will never feel your baby’s kiss
Or be able to touch her silky soft hair
Abortion is murder, but you don’t care

You made a mistake when having fun
But why must your baby be the one
What did she do to deserve this death
You killed your soul, taking her breath

A sweet child's face you will never see
A wonderful mother you will never be
You will never feel her tender touch
Or have the chance to love her much

Another murderer is what you would be
We all know it; it is just too plain to see
When she first tries to open her shut eyes
You will muffle out all of her loud cries

Your baby deserves a whole life to live
Something like this I will never forgive
And you will never sing a lullaby song
Killing an innocent is just plain wrong


     I couldn't agree more with this poem, and every time I read it, tears invade my eyes. I just can't understand how our society thinks it's okay to kill babies, and yet it is horrible to kill once the baby is outside of the womb. No matter how I try to see it, it just doesn't make sense to me.
     Abortion is murder,and there's no other way to look at it. Yes, it could make life easier for you, and it gets rid of an inconvenience, but it is wrong.

Psalm 139:13-16 says,

For you created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
When I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
Were written in your book
Before one of them came to be.

     If God knit every baby together, even in the mother's womb, do you really think He would approve of you destroying it? If God has personally written out all of our days for us, would He want us to be killed before we could experience even one?
     According to this link, almost 40% of teen pregnancies end in abortion. This fact completely overwhelms me. 40% of God's perfect creations, who haven't sinned once in their short lives, are murdered in teen pregnancies. The bible says that God has a plan for every child before they are even born. Do you think it is His plan for them to be murdered?
     If you are thinking about abortion, think about the life your child will never live because of your selfish choice. Think about how you are destroying God's perfect creation. If you really think about this, you won't murder your child. If this post saves even one child's life, I will rejoice.
-N

    I too feel that abortion is wrong,  that all life is precious wether it has taken a breath outside the womb or not, but if you have had an abortion we don't judge you for it. God is always ready to forgive, all you have to do is repent and ask Him to forgive you.
    That doesn't justify anything, it doesn't mean we can screw up as many times as we want to and then tell God "I'm sorry, please forgive me!", but it is reassuring to know that God will always forgive us so long as we forgive others, repent, and ask.
                             
                                                                                         -T

No comments:

Post a Comment