Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 33

     Yesterday, as I was reading Matthew 4, verses 18-20 really stood out to me:

     As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Peter and Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fisherman, "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men. At once they left their nets and followed him.

     They left their nets at once. Not after they had caught their fish, not after they got everything in order, at once. They were fisherman, so they were probably catching their food for the next few days or weeks, but when Jesus told them to follow him, they left their food and obeyed without hesitation. They had faith that Jesus would take care of them, and he did.
     So, this got me wondering that if I was in that same situation, would I have dropped my nets and followed. I would like to say that I am completely sure that I would, but, to be honest, I don't know. I don't know if I would be able to let all of my fish go away without catching them. I don't know if I would be able to trust that God would provide for me.
     It's difficult when you know that you have to give up everything for God but you still find yourself clinging to the little security you have. I know God will provide for me and take care of me, but there's still that part of me that wants a back-up plan, just in case something goes wrong. But God never goes wrong.
     I know that when I am in God's hands, he will take care of me like the perfect Father He is. When you get scared and want to have a back-up plan for God, just remind yourself that He doesn't fail. He is perfect.

Prayer: God, help me to be like Peter and Andrew. Help me to have faith that you will take care of me and provide for me. Help me to trust in you. Amen.
-N

I am excited to announce that we received 4 views from Thailand this week! Another country reached through the blog!

We have also received 900+ views:
USA 785
Russia 62
Canada 18
Germany 10
Ukraine 8
United Kingdom 4
Thailand 4
Romania 1
Singapore 1

No comments:

Post a Comment