Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 32

    This past Sunday at church, we were watching a short video/lesson. At one point it showed a poor community here in America. It was talking about how you don't have to go overseas to be a missionary, how there are plenty of opportunities all around if you'll just look for them. I'm not saying being an overseas missionary is bad, I feel called to be one, but it got me thinking.
    It made me think that there are tons of people living in horrible conditions, and plenty of people who aren't. And that made me think, "Why am I in a position that those people would give anything for, and not poor or starving or sick. Why did God let me have wonderful opportunities and food and resources and medicine and not them?"
    And this is what I believe to be the answer. I am in this position so I can help those who can't help themselves, to be part of the body of Christ, to change lives, to help save souls. To provide love to those who never new such a thing, to give and renew hope in those who have none left or never had any at all. I am here to serve.
    That doesn't explain exactly why I'm in this exact position, only God knows that. But realizing this has made me want to serve more, to do all I can and more, because I'm in this position for a reason. And the whole reason I'm here at all is to glorify God, and that is exactly what I want to do.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life in Christ Jesus. John 3:16.
    That's probably a mix of a few versions, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that God loves you so much that He sent His only Son to be born on Earth, live a perfect, sinless life, and then die on the cross, a death for criminals, as a sacrifice for all the sins of the world that ever have been or will be made. He was whipped and spit on, mocked and forced to wear a crown of thorns on His head. He was forced to carry His own cross but was too weak to do it, so another carried it for Him. He was nailed to that cross and died with the weight of all our sins on His shoulders, and He didn't even have to. At one word the angels would have flown down and rescued Him. He could have destroyed His enemies with a simple thought, but He didn't. Because HE LOVES US.
    And that is why I will serve and use the position God has given me to lead others to know about, trust in, and follow Him.
    What about you?

                                                                                          -T

No comments:

Post a Comment