Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 30: In God's Presence

    Yesterday, I just got back from the best summer camp in the world: Crossroads Summer Camp. It was an amazing experience! N and I went with our church and had so much fun. At the first session, 35 people came to Christ, and that hadn't even been a full day! So many people were saved that week, it was amazing! This is a link to the website, Crossroads
    The last night session was the best by far, I really felt the presence of God. It made me want to get in His word and stay in it. It made me want to do everything possible to spread the gospel. It made me want to do everything I possibly can to help the Kingdom and have no doubt that I could do it. And that feeling can only come from the presence of God.
     That doesn't mean I'll always feel Him, there are plenty of times when I don't, but that doesn't mean He's not there beside me, guiding me through every step of the way. But to feel Him like I did that night set my heart on fire for Him, and I want to keep it that way. I know N felt it too, and so did one of our friends, H. We cried and prayed together, but not because we were sad. We cried because we were amazed and thankful and in awe of the presence of God.
     All that reminded me of what God can do, how He can use anyone or anything for His glory, and how much He loves us. How much He loves me.

    And that's my heart.

                                                                                         -T

     As T said, we just got back from Crossroads Summer Camp. Not only did we have the opportunity to bond with and learn more about friends, but we were able to bond with and learn more about God.
     One thing that Clayton King, the founder and president of the camp, said was "You are not worthy, but you are not worthless." This really stuck with me because I know that whatever I do, I will never be worthy of God's grace. The only requirement of receiving God's grace is to see that you need it, and I need it so badly.
     It breaks my heart to know that while I am sinning, God is saving. His children sin against Him, hate Him, turn away from Him, but He still loves them. He still reaches out to them, always ready to forgive. All we have to do is ask Him into our heart, and He is there.
     On the other side of what Clayton said, we are not worthless. Would God send His own perfect son to die for a bunch of worthless beings?
     We are here to serve God. Clayton said it like this, "God is the head, He makes the calls. We are the body, we do the work." I am willing to work for God for the rest of my life, do huge, incredible things for Him, but Clayton made it clear that we need to start small. We need to start by honoring our parents, picking up trash for people, doing our chores without being told, we start by serving others. When we serve others, we serve God.
     As more proof that we are not worthless, Jesus prayed for us.
     John 17:20 says, “I am praying not only for these disciples but for all who will ever believe in Me because of their testimony.”
     Every time I read this, I have to re-read it. Jesus, the perfect Son of God, prayed for us. We are not worthless.
     Once we accept Jesus in our hearts, we don't just stop there. Christianity is more than just getting into Heaven and out of Hell.  We were made to serve God, and God will show you how to serve. It might not be clear now, but it will be eventually. Jesus will not give you anything you can't handle. Whatever Jesus tells you to do, you will be able to do it, it just might not be as easy as you want it to be.
     The last day of camp was very emotional for me. I went to the alter to pray with T and H, and we clung to each other and literally cried a puddle. I don't know how long we stayed there, but it was time well spent. I have never felt God's presence so strongly. All of us had become aware that we weren't reading our bible as often as we should, and we decided that we were going to hold each other accountable for reading our bibles. We need to dig into God's word to know what He expects from us, and learn more about him. I am very glad that I went to Crossroads, and I will definitely be returning. The messages taught there couldn't have come at a better time.

-N

     I am also very excited to say that we have received 11 views from Russia and 4 from the United Kingdom (UK) this week. We have possibly impacted 15 people overseas, just this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment