Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 39


    If we don't praise God, the rocks will cry out. Think about that.
    Imagine it's just a normal day, not much is going on, and your kind of bored. Then, all of a sudden, the rocks outside the window start singing. Singing rocks! How amazing it is that God can make the rocks cry out!
    We are made to glorify God. That's why we are here. That is our purpose. That's why God created mankind. If we aren't fulfilling our purpose, the rocks are going to do our job. That to me is both amazing and a little scary.
    I find it amazing that God can do that. How cool would it be to see and hear the rocks singing! But it scares me too. If Jesus said this, does that mean that there will be a time in the future when no one will be praising God?
    We as Christians are God's children. We are the people who have realized that we are not our own, we can't be good enough to reach God, We need Jesus and are here not for ourselves but to praise Him! If we aren't doing that, what good are we? It is our job to praise Jesus Christ because He died for our sins on the cross so we can be with Him when we are done in this world and we were created to praise Him.
    Even if that wasn't the reason we were created, that doesn't mean we can be silent! What Jesus has done for us is so great that we should never stop singing about what He's done, never stop praising and glorifying Him.
    We as Christians know our purpose. There are so many people out there looking for exactly that, purpose. We have purpose, so why should we ever stop living it out? Why should we ever stop sharing our knowledge of our purpose? There is no reason!
    I will never let the rocks sing while I can do anything about it. I know my purpose, I know why I'm here, I know what Jesus has done for me, so I will not be silent. None of us should be. So let's shout out God's praise every second of every minute that we can, whether through our actions or our words, and never, ever be silent. Never let the rocks cry out.

                                                                                           -T

No comments:

Post a Comment