Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 23

T and I have now raised $402 for The Sudans.
Let me repeat that: Four hundred and two dollars. God really wants this to work. So, that would mean that we met our first goal of $300. So, we needed to set a new goal, and after much conversation and thinking, we decided on $1,000. We know that it may take some time, okay, a lot of time, but we're willing to wait.
     We know that God is providing for us, and he wants us to do the best we can to raise awareness and money for this issue, and I plan to give it my all. I can't even think of not giving it my all when I think of those children with swollen bellies, stick arms and legs, red hair from malnutrition, hollow cheekbones, and huge brown eyes full of hope. They always have hope. I want to give them a reason to continue to have hope.
     I want to wrap my arms around them, very gently, and hold them like it's the last hug they'll ever get, and it might be, if they don't get the money we send. Even though I know that our money makes only a little difference, it's the little ones that need that little difference. If you feel drawn to make a difference for The Sudans, use your talents to raise money. Maybe you feel drawn to India, or China. Either way, you can make the money if God is on your side.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment