Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 18

    Have you ever noticed that one person who sits alone at lunch? That one person who cringes when a teacher instructs everyone to get into partners? When partner work is suggested, they are the ones looking down at the floor while everyone else is looking around.
     I have made it my personal goal to try to include people who are typically not included. These people are usually not bad people, they're just a bit shy. All they need is for someone to actually pay attention to them, and they will make friends easily. So many personalities go unrecognized just because they're not loud and sarcastic. Maybe they're really sweet, or have a fun sense of humor. You'll never know until you invest time and effort into forming a relationship. Next time you see someone sitting alone, I challenge you to go over and talk to them. All they need is a chance.
-N

This blog has received 502 views:
United States 429
Russia 41
Canada 18
Ukraine 8
Germany 5
Singapore 1

I also added a gadget at the bottom of the page that translates this blog into different languages. My hope is that many different people of many different languages will have the opportunity to read this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Whoo, I finally found a way to do this. Okay, so, I found your blog on a comment section on Girls, God and the Good Life. I really think that this is interesting, so would you shoot me an email? This isn't my real, offical email, I created it just for this, so yeah. Im technologically unadvanced, so if there's another way, I blame lack of education. The email address is touch.the.sky.12345@gmail.com. Thanks :) I really think what you guys are doing is awsome and want to see if there's a possible way for me to donate and help fundraise as well. I get goosebumps from reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'll email you right now. Thank you, and it's a great idea to fundraise! We'll have to email about that. Wow, I'm glad our posts have that much of an effect.

    ReplyDelete