Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 16

     I sponsor a four year old girl named Salimata through Compassion and I am repeatedly
blessed with her letters. She lives in Burkina Faso, Africa. I recently recieved a letter from her that wished me a happy birthday and thanked me for the birthday gifts I sent to her. She also added the sweetest thing I have ever heard, "May God bless your fish". I couldn't stop smiling as I read the rest of the letter. In a letter I had written to her, I had mentioned my fish. I never knew she would pay that much attention to that little detail. She also shared with me that her father had gotten saved, implying that it was because of my sponsorship. Then, she said one innocent thing that sounded very sad to me. She said, "Please pray for my family to get rid of poverty!".
     It just breaks my heart that this sweet, little girl who blesses my fish would have to worry about her family's financial condition. She's four years old and she can already recognize that her family is in poverty. Little things like this are what drives me to raise money for Africa. They need our help, and I am determined to give it to them.
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment