Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 12

     Children. What do you think of when you think of a child? Their innocence, the wonder in their eyes, their ability to forgive? I recently read Just A Minute by Wess Stafford and was fascinated by what I read. Wess Stafford shows that every moment with a child counts. You can change a life in just a minute.Think back to when you were little. What is the youngest thought you can remember? For me, it goes like this:
     I was about four years old, and I was about to go to bed. My Dad was tucking me in. Since I was the Queen of finding excuses to stay up past my bedtime, I started talking to my Dad. Somehow-or-another we ended up talking about God. My Dad asked me if I believed that Jesus died on the cross to save me, and if I wanted to accept Him into my heart. I replied that I did and he said a repeat-after-me prayer, stopping every few words for me to catch up. To this day, this remains of my most vivid memories.
     Though getting saved is part of the reason this memory is most vivid, that's not the only thing. My father took time out of his own life, letting me stay up so he could spend time with me, and because of that decision, my life was changed. My Dad could have told me to go to bed, and then walk out of the room. It would have been that simple. But he didn't. He spent time with me, helping me grow.
     Think of some of the young children in your life. Are you setting a good example, or are you leading them down the wrong path? Though you may not know it, these children look up to you. Invest more time in the children in your life, you may be their only chance to hear the word of God. You could change their lives forever, in just a minute.


-N

No comments:

Post a Comment